Brusletto Jerven Knife Making Kit
- 20.00 (cm)
- 5.00 (cm)
- 10.00 (cm)
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Calculated at Checkout
- CB Super/R30/VulcSpacer
Brusletto Jerven Knife Kit
Make your own custom knife with a quality blade from Norwegian maker Brusletto.
This blade model is called "Jerven", meaning Wolverine and is a strong, sharp blade in stainless steel. The blade is 3.25 mm thick, about 22 mm wide and 90 mm long. Complete the kit by filing the tang until the bolster fits, then epoxy into the solid arctic curly birch handle block and shape on a belt sander or using hand tools.
The kit consists of
- Brusletto Jerven blade, 90 mm
- Metal bolster, choice of Brass or Nickel Silver R30
- Fibre inlay, choice of colours (see options)
- Solid wood knife handle block in Curly Birch from Scandinavia (see options for other woods)
This is a great all-around knife making kit, and can be completed with simple hand tools.
Customize the kit by selecting the handle material, spacer material and any optional add-ons.
To complete this kit you will need to
- fit the bolster to the tang, with a file or dremel
- cut off a piece of the spacer material and drill a hole for the tang (knife and cordless drill)
- drill a hole in the wooden block for the tang (cordless drill)
- glue blade, bolster, spacer and wood together with epoxy glue
- shape the handle with a rasp, belt sander, or knife
- Smooth the handle with sand paper
- Optional finish: seal the handle with oil, wax or varnish
More details on the blade and maker: https://creativeman.com.au/brusletto-jerven/
Example of a completed knife using the Brusletto Jerven blade and curly birch handle, knife by Sataneev: