Chef Knife Making Workshop (Sydney)
- 1.00 (cm)
- 1.00 (cm)
- 1.00 (cm)
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Calculated at Checkout
Bulk discount rates
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
|Buy 2 - 3||and pay only $250.00 each|
Chef Knife Making Workshop, Hands-on experience from Knife Making Kit
Location: Brookvale, NSW 2100 (Northern Beaches, Sydney)
Come spend a Saturday with us and take home a Chef Knife you have put together yourself!
This guided workshop will take you through "kit knife making", meaning the blade is ready-made and you make the handle.
You will select the blade and personalise with your handle materials, spacers and pins and then spend a day putting it together.
- Stainless Steel Chef Knife Blade
- Handle materials in Wood or Synthetic materials
- Pin stock in your choice of steel, brass or copper
- All other materials and tools on the day
- All instructions and support required
1 day Knife Making Course in Sydney:
We can do this in a single day by using ready-made blades.
You will have a couple of Stainless Steel Chef blades to select from, as well as handle materials, pin stock and spacer materials.
After a Safety Briefing you will get stuck in, creating your own one-of-a-kind chef knife to take home at the end of the day.
- drilling pin holes
- Shaping handle scales in wood, micarta or G10
- Attaching spacers to handle materials
- Epoxying handle scales to the blade
- Designing your handle shape
- Shaping the handle with belt sander, files and sand paper
- Hand sanding the handle
- Optional: Seal the handle with handle finish
The workshop starts at 9 am and we aim to be ready by 3 pm. You will leave not only with your chef knife, but with the skills required to continue your journey as a knife maker at home.
- Anyone over 16 years old with an interest in making their own chef knife, no experience required
- Anyone able to follow basic safety instructions required to work with power tools.
- Anyone with an interest in woodworking
We recommend wearing full-length pants and closed-toe shoes on the day. We will provide PPE in the form of dust masks, eye and hearing protection.
The workshop will be held in the back yard of our location in Brookvale, Northern Beaches Sydney. This is an industrial setting outside, under roof with basic facilities. Lunch break will be from noon to 1 PM, there are several cafes in the area, as well as 2 craft breweries within 5 min walk (Nomad Brewery and 4 Pines Brewery) but there will no alcohol permitted until after any sharp tools are put away.
Note: Entry is around the corner in Chard Road