EnZo Asian Chef 160 Kit
- 9.00 (cm)
- 3.00 (cm)
- 30.00 (cm)
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Calculated at Checkout
EnZo Asian Chef 160 mm Knife Kit
Make your own Asian style chef knife with a 160 mm blade and handle materials.
The blade is from EnZo in Finland, made from Swedish 12c27 steel, a popular stainless steel for chef knives.
EnZo is the top-shelf brand from Brisa, with precision ground blades and excellent finish.
This knife really feels like a quality tool with good weight distribution and a business edge on it. The blade is 2.5 x 58 x 160 mm, total length including handle is 270 mm.
The kit consists of
- Chef fulltang blade, sharp and ready to handle
- Handle Scales, to be attached to each side of the blade
- Spacer material for between the handle scales and blade
- 1/8" Pin stock
Options: Select handle scales and pin stock material to personalise your blade kit.
These make an excellent chef knife, taking and holding a sharp edge.
The chef knife kit can be completed with simple hand tools.
- Glue the handle scales to the knife blade with epoxy glue
- Using the blade as a guide, drill 2 or 3 holes for pins through both scales
- Cut the pins to length using a dremel, hacksaw or similar
- Insert pins through handle scales, shape front to make sure they are even
- Epoxy the scales and pins to the blade. Clamp until set
- shape the handle scales more with file, rasp or belt sander
- Smooth the handle with sand paper
- Optional finish: seal the handle with oil, wax or varnish
- For full instructions with photos, check the "fulltang" instructions on the Instructions tab