ScandiChef 205 Kit
- 5.00 (cm)
- 5.00 (cm)
- 33.00 (cm)
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Calculated at Checkout
ScandiChef 205 Kit with Handle Materials and Instructions
Scandinavian, clean design in an ergonomic chef blade made from 14C28N Swedish razor blade steel.
Designed in Sydney by Norwegian maker Bjorn Jacobsen, this is the first blade in the ScandiChef line-up.
The result is an elegant stainless steel blade and a comfortable, ergonomic handle shape for all-around kitchen use.
The kit consists of:
- ScandiChef 205 Blade
- Handle Scales in Curly Birch, Extreme grade (See options for other materials)
- Stainless Steel Corby Bolts for securing the handle scales
- Spacer material
The blade is thin and sharp, hardened to 60 HRC for longer edge retention.
- Blade length 205 mm in 14C28N Stainless Steel
- 2.5 mm thick tapering to a sharp, polished edge hardened to 60 HRC
- Total length 325 mm including handle
- Strong, full tang construction
- Handle pre-drilled for 1/4" corby bolts or pin stock
- Handle pre-drilled for optional bolsters and pins
- Limited edition: 90 blades available, manufactured in Thiers, France for this initial production run
Sandvik 14C28N is the latest development in Swedish steel producer Sandvik's range of knife steels. Optimized chemistry provides a top grade knife steel with a unique combination of excellent edge performance, high hardness and good corrosion resistance. With a recommended hardness range of 55-62 HRC, Sandvik 14C28N is ideal for knife applications which place very high demands on edge sharpness, edge stability and corrosion resistance such as chef's knives, pocket knives, hunting and fishing knives.
Note the thin edge and high hardness, this a slicer designed for chefs who do not abuse their tools.
The ScandiChef 205 blade is developed over several years of trial and error in NSW, prototypes were stick tang and full tang over different sizes and steel types. When this production run was manufactured in Thiers, France we selected a Swedish Razor Blade steel for good edge retention, ease of sharpening and high corrosion resistance. This is a limited edited run, launched on Saturday 8th of September 2018.